If the swap is the bustling marketplace of Pushies, then the show ‘n’ shine is the gallery. A reverent place where people can view and reflect on some beautiful objects. It’s free to put your bike into this year’s show ‘n’ shine, just make sure you go through the registration tent to get yourself appropriately acknowledged. Jason and Sally from Studio 60 photography will have a photo booth on the day to take a portrait of you and your bike.
The categories for the show ‘n’ shine are:
- BMX Vintage – 1970 to 1980.
- BMX Old School – 1980 to 1986.
- BMX Mid School- 1987 to 1996.
- Cruiser/Rat/Dragster – Live the dream: t-bar shifters, sissy bars, banana seats etc.
- Kids – Decorate your bike. Express yourself!
- Ladies – Bikes designed specifically for women: mixtes, step-throughs etc.
- Track – A bike one rides on the track.
- Road – Drop bars, STI, ergos, DT shifters, all comers.
- Knobbly Tyres- Off-roaders: cyclocross, mountain bikes.
- Cargo/Utility – Commuters, porteurs, townies, rack bikes. Load carrying machines.
- Antique – Anything pre-1920
- Vintage – The old stuff post-1920
- Made in BNE – Brisbane represent. Old and new. From Llewellyns to Tom Wallace Specials.
Each year, we try and get the mix right between having a lot of bikes per category and not having enough. It’s always a juggling act, so we hope the categories can accommodate everyone’s bike(s). We award prizes for each category, but we like to promote the spirit of participation. All bikes are beautiful and this is a chance to celebrate them in all their forms. Here’s some info and pics from last year.
There is a people’s choice award, so make sure you have your say on which bike you like the best.
If you have bikes you want to enter in the show ‘n’ shine, please be at the entrance by 9:30am. We’ll bump you in then so people can see your bikes when the gates open at 10am.