Second, a cyclocross race isn’t official until you add beer. The good eggs at Green Beacon Brewing in Newstead will be bringing out a keg of their 3 Bolt Pale Ale, “a flavoursome session ale, best drunk young and preferably in the presence of the brewer.” Running at 30 IBU, it will be hard on the quench.
Third, dressing in ludicrous attire is thoroughly recommended. As a gent, have you every wondered what it would be like to ride a bike in an elegant ladies pant suit? Why don’t you give it a try. Have a peek at last year’s photos for some inspiration.
Program and registration details are outlined here, but the rundown is basically as follows for Sunday 11 May:
- 12:00 – registration
- 12:30 – kid’s event
- 12:45 – registration closes
- 13:00 – heats
- 14:00 – relay and novelty events
- 15:00 – finals
- 16:00 – presentations
There are three broad categories:
- Jack High – kids, split off into U13 and U17 categories ($5 participation licence + $5 rego)
- Barefoot – for cross virgins, the social rider, the larrikin ($5 participation licence + $10 rego)
- Full whites – for those in it to win it ($20 race licence, if you need it + $10 rego)
All the latest news at hand will be on this Facebook event page for Bowl-O-Cross as well.
See you at the Holland Park Bowls Club on 11 May.